Capacity Development Pillar
ReDSS provides solutions-focused capacity development opportunities for a wide range of stakeholders (including ReDSS members, INGOs, CSOs, government authorities, development actors, UN agencies, research/academia, etc.) to support both programmes and policy development in Ethiopia. ReDSS also works with its members and programme actors in Ethiopia to support programme learning development, adaptation, and documentation to advance solutions for displacement affected communities.
Supporting area-based planning and coordination in Somali Regional State (SRS)
Following a national CRRF Steering Committee and coordination structures in 2018, government-led, multi-stakeholder regional and local structures were established in Somali Regional State (SRS) in early 2019. In particular, an SRS regional CRRF coordination group now meets quarterly, and woreda/city administration coordination groups in Awbare and Kebrebeyah meet monthly. Similarly, SRS has a functioning Durable Solutions Working Group, which has actively sought to advance durable solutions for IDPs within the region for many years.
ReDSS, in close partnership with UNHCR and relevant government authorities, seeks to support these structures to promote a government-led, multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder approach to sustainably addressing displacement in SRS. In addition to supporting area-based coordination at various levels, ReDSS has worked with UNHCR to promote displacement-affected communities’ inclusion in government-led area development planning processes. In working towards this goal, ReDSS provides ongoing capacity development opportunities for key stakeholders in SRS to strengthen their capacity to adapt area-based approaches towards displacement in the region.
ReDSS area-based training tools
ReDSS developed and piloted a new training curriculum on area-based solutions planning in the Somali Regional State of Ethiopia on the 11 and 11th of March 2020. The main objective of the training was for practitioners and policy-makers to be better equipped to lead and take part in area-based solutions planning for displacement-affected communities. The recently developed curriculum and related material were tested and revised based on participants’ feedback and rolled out in the East and Horn and Africa region.
This training will be part of a series of trainings at the Woreda level to strengthen the capacity of actors to support area-based solutions planning at the local level.
- ReDSS Ethiopia Durable Solutions Induction (agenda and presentation) | 1 April 2021
- ReDSS Ethiopia Solutions Mainstreaming (agenda and presentation) | 29 April 2021
- Training modules, facilitators notes, outcomes report, etc. from area-based pilot training in Jigjiga | March 2020
- Training materials, outcomes report, etc. for ReDSS DS training held in Jigjiga | April 2019
- Agenda Integrated programming for COVID response in Ethiopia
- Compiled presentation Ethiopia program webinar
- Evaluation analysis – Integrated programming for COVID response in Ethiopia
- Key takeaways – ReDSS Ethiopia Integrated programme webinar
- ReDSS Ethiopia Integrated Programme Webinar participants
- Recording-program learning webinar